Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Who Dat On Da Corner

 

Da story start right up in now...

Sherm say, "Man Mike, who dat on da corner what always be wavin at erry wan what does pass by in da road?"

Mike respond, "Sherm! All dis time you been commin round my house trying to sweet my sister and you doon know who dat boy is? He is da fella I been tellin you bout who does be tryin to play his guitar all night long tinkin he ga ching-a-lick up da place!"

So den Sherm come back, "Oh! Dat fella what you say all ya neighbour does tell to go jump in bay from long dock an tell him to swim ta Alaska?"

Mike say, "Das him!"

Sherm axe Mike, "So?"

Mike axe Sherm, "So what?"

Sherm suck e teet, "Man Mike, stop skylackin! So what e name?"

Mike finally answer, "Oh! He name Eddie!"

Here ends the story...

2 comments:

  1. Drew, man ya tinkin dun gat written Bahamianese lingo that my brudda Buddy entertain wit'. Tis calyp or steel-ban soun' ta muh luggers. N Sherm still dog-paddling ta 'Laska. Tink I see him jus pass by Or-e-gone...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanks fa ya kind words Unknown... Dat said, ya can't hide too good... So much so, I bet TooGood's coulda snap ya...

      Delete