Saturday, February 22, 2020

Wilder Furies

Wilder Furies


"Furies Incorporated complaints department, how may I help you?"

"Yeah, I ordered three wild furies last week Tuesday with the primo delivery option."

"I see, and they haven't shown up within the 48 hours, do you have a tracking number?"

"No, no, that's not the problem, they showed up before the 48 hours was up."

"Well then, what can I do for you?"

"Well, the thing is, I ordered three wild furies, but the three furies you sent me are tame furies."

"I am sorry sir, that is just not possible. We don't carry tame furies. All our furies are wild furies. We have never handled tame furies at any time. We deal in only the best, freshest, Wild Furies on the planet!"

"So, let me tell you a little story about one of my uncles. Hopefully, after hearing the story, you will understand how to help me. OK?"

"OK."

"I remember when I was young, we were out at dinner with my uncle at a nice restaurant in Miami. My uncle placed his food order and the his drink order and asked for too much ice in his drink."

"OK..."

"So, after the waiter left the table, I asked my uncle why he ordered too much ice in his drink."

"OK..."

"So here's the interesting thing. He told me that he used to order his drinks with a lot of ice because he liked his drinks cold."

"OK..."

"Well, he told me that way too often his drink came with far from a lot of ice. So one night in particular, after ordering his drink with a lot of ice and getting his drink with three cubes in it, he told his waitress that he had ordered a lot of ice but only got three cubes. At this point he looked up and laughed. Then he said she told him that it was enough ice and so he told her to bring him too much ice then."

"OK..."

"Well, I thought this hairy dog story might enlighten you."

"What hairy dog story? Do you mean shaggy dog story?"

"Well, I mean hairy dog, I am not dragging it out longer and longer for no real purpose enough for the dog to be shaggy. But it is certainly no Mexican hairless or mangy potcake! Anyway, he said from that night on, he always ordered his drinks with too much ice right of the bat to save all the back and forth."

"OK... And???"

"I thought the point would be obvious by now. If those three furies you sent me are wild furies, I propose that I ship them back to you and you immediately send me three Wilder Furies! Or better yet, your three Wildest Furies."


No comments:

Post a Comment